Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Some of my members of my closed groups like to know how to ideas. Today, I inherited a window mirror to replace the mirror I had in its place. The mirror before was given to me and I made best do with it.
The same person, my mom gave me this window mirror as she no longer had a use for it. I gladly took it off her hands. I did do a couple of steps before I realized I should turn it into a blog. I had to move the hooks as it was set up to hang vertically and I needed it horizontal.
Here is my step by step I did to hang this window mirror above my sink.
|Painter Tape is my friend. I use it for many things. Here. I laid out the length horizontal where my mirror was going.|
|I had to change the hooks. It was set up for vertical hanging and I needed horizontal so I moved them.|
|I took the painters tape off of the wall where the mirror was going to go, measured the center of the mirror and lined it up.|
|I had to move it up further so I could mark where the screws were going into the wall.|
|Took the painters tape off of the mirror and put it back on the wall. This time I had it marked where the screws would go.|
|You can see where I marked the center of the mirror.|
|Up went the tape back on the wall centering it with the marks for my new mirror.|
|Got them both screwed in place. Now time to take the painters tape back down.|
|My trusty drill driver for the holes for the screws.|
|Time to take painters tape off.|
|Time to shine the mirror before hanging.|
|And there you have it! All done!|
Monday, March 18, 2013
I wrote this today Monday, April 11, 2011 @ 3:30PM
Updated: Monday, March 18, 2013 @ 10:30 pm
I knew I wanted Zone 1 of Gardening to be the entrance of our home. That just made sense with Zone 1 Entrance/Porch/Dining Room. What will be the other 4 Zones? I had to give it some thought. I wanted it to work smoothly with the zones we use for cleaning our homes. This is what I propose.
- Zone 1 - Outside Entrance to Our Home. This is where 1st impressions begin with ourselves and others. What does your entrance say about you?
- Zone 2 - Vegetable Garden. Many of us will be raising fruits and vegetables these coming months. Some are beginners all the way to master gardeners. I am looking forward to this! I decided to correlate the vegetable garden with the kitchen. It just seemed to make sense and easy to remember.
- Zone 3 - Flower garden This also seemed to be a natural progression. Some may be making brand new beds or maintaining some from years past. Get creative.
- Zone 4 - The Yard. This will be about maintaining our yards. Some of us have large yards and some small. I know the summer months we will be mowing every few days and adjust to that mode.
- Zone 5 - Trees, Bushes, Shrubs and the Outside of the House. It seemed like last year I was always trimming something. It is also a good time to inspect anything that needs fixing.
We are going to treat this like we do with our homes Marilyn's Way and that is breaking things down into zones. We will be doing 25 fling cha-cha-cha (Throw Away, Put Away, Give Away) or decluttering 15 minutes a day, hot spots (we all have them in our yards!) along with it. Together, I believe we can all have a pleasant spring, summer, and fall outdoors!
Garden Till You FLY!